Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Arrival--The New Gettysburg Campaign Handbook

Today I received a much anticipated package from my good friends at Savas Beatie. They have been kind enough to send along a review copy of NEW GETTYSBURG CAMPAIGN HANDBOOK, THE: Facts, Photos, and Artwork for Readers of All Ages, June 9 - July 14, 1863 (Savas Beatie Handbook) written by J. David Petruzzi and Steven Stanley.

For those who have read my review of J.D. and Steve's earlier book, COMPLETE GETTYSBURG GUIDE: Walking and Driving Tours of the Battlefield, Town, Cemeteries, Field Hospital Sites, and other Topics of Historical Interest, you know I feel their work is top notch. A quick thumb through this book shows it to have the makings of a winner as well. It has been fast tracked to the top of my reading pile and I hope to have a more full review up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment