Monday, June 27, 2011

Research Help Requested

Some readers will know that I am researching the Civil War in Volusia County, FL (OK not much really happened but there's also not much written). Since there's not much out there I am also researching Confederate veterans who are buried in the county. I'm gathering my own headstone photos and getting GPS coordinates. Some burials are on private property so that will be a bit tricky but we'll work through that.

My questions regard Masons. Several of the headstones I have found have Mason symbols on them. Not being a Mason I have no idea how they are organized or how the group works. Have any of you ever used Mason lodges for research and with what success? Is there any standard form or procedure that should be followed? Do lodges have a "historian" or somebody similar that inquiries should be directed to? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment