Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Upcoming posts


This weekend I finished reading The Radical and the Republican: Frederick Douglass, Abraham Lincoln, and the Triumph of Antislavery Politics written by James Oakes. This book was a 2008 winner of the Lincoln Prize and it is easy to see why. Very good book. I hope to have a review posted in the next couple of days. It's just a matter of actually writing it.

On my "to read" list is Lincoln by David Herbert Donald. I have heard nothing but good about this work and can't wait to really get into it. I'm about 40 pages in right now and it reads wonderfully. This book was the 1996 Lincoln Prize winner. Honest I'm not trying to read all the winners right now though a couple others are in my near future stack.

I also plan on rereading Drew Gilpin Faust's This Republic of Suffering. I read it when it first came out and was impressed. Now that I have a blog to voice my opinions on I will need to reread it so that I can give a fair assessment.

Please feel free to leave your thoughts on either of these works. I'd love to see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment